Sound Control Panel
Insufficient privileges to use the Sound Control Panel.
Triggering sounds:Sounds can be triggered using:
- a Job Build action
- a Job Post-build action (e.g. on failure)
- by making an HTTP POST request to http://dev.digital-humanities.de/ci/sounds/playSound?src=<URL> (currently only supported in BROWSER mode)
Sound output:Sound can be configured to be output to:
- the audio hardware of the Jenkins server host
- an operating system pipe (OS dependent)
- all compatible browsers on a Jenkins page
Troubleshooting tips:If sound does not work some of the checks below might lead you to a solution:
- Check the system is configured properly:
- Sound output option in System Configuration (currently 'BROWSER').
- LOCAL hardware - check your sound hardware and that it is detected by Java.
- BROWSER - check Hudson URL (currently http://dev.digital-humanities.de/ci/).
- PIPE - check that pipe command can connect without password or any other prompt.
- Check sound file formats.
- WAV is most widely supported, but some WAV files use MPEG which is not.
- AU and AIFF are normally supported.
- MP3 is not widely supported.
- OGG should work on most browsers, but is not supported on local hardware.
- Check browser capability.
- If using the BROWSER option, your browser must be HTML5 Audio capable.
- Sounds are not muted.
- If using the BROWSER option, browsers may take up to 1 minute to begin to play sounds after being un-muted.
- Check the plugin homepage for updates http://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Jenkins+Sounds+plugin and report problems (and successes! - all feedback welcome).